I haven’t been very good at keeping this up.
1. Today at work a gentlemen noticed my cross necklace that I was wearing and asked me what I was. (He thought I was Methodist due to the style of the cross) And for the first time, I got to respond to that question with “I’m Catholic.” It was nice.
2. I am finally almost done packing for my Habitat for Humanity trip down to Alabama. I don’t usually wait until the night before the early morning trip, but I did this time. And now I know why I don’t do that regularly.
3. My mother is a candidate for a valve replacement surgery that does not require her to be opened up. I don’t know how they do it, but they’ve found a way! Such a relief to not have to worry about open heart surgery.
4. I finally finished writing up my testimony for whyimcatholic.com after being asked to share it back in December. I’ll let you all know when I hear the date it will be going up!
5. I watched the Lord of the Ring trilogy for the first time ever, and I’m now hooked. I’ve actually watched the 1st and 2nd movies twice. I can’t believe it took me almost 10 years to discover this story!
6. My roommates are pranksters. I wasn’t expecting them home from break yet and I come home from work on Tuesday to find the Christmas tree gone but no one home. I figured someone had come home early. But they tried very hard to convince me they had not been in the house when I questioned them via text. And then they put a picture of an emo-ish Finnish rocker on the back of my bedroom door. Let’s just say that I jumped out of my skin when I turned around and saw a larger than life man standing behind me. It took me a minute to register that it was just a poster. They will get payback.
7. I had an interview for a summer nursing internship. I’m very excited about the possibility of spending my summer working alongside a nurse and getting to know what it’s really like working in this profession. I’ll find out by the end of March if I got it.