1. My brother tried teaching me how to pray the liturgy of the hours. I got very confused and honestly don’t remember much of what he said, but he showed me a website that should help me understand it. I’m waiting until Sunday when the new liturgical year starts. Might as well start at the very beginning.
2. It’s Friday, so I have to do this. At least for my first quick takes. Sorry everybody!
3. I am becoming quite fond of praying the rosary. I still have trouble focusing on the mysteries, but I’m getting better.
4. I went to my first adoration as a Catholic (to be), twice actually. I went once last winter with my brother when I was still very Protestant (not sure why). It was actually probably the official turning point in my journey, but I didn’t realize it until recently. It was nice to return actually professing that Christ was physically present with me. I need to look into whether or not my parish has perpetual adoration.
5. I feel like a real adult because my childhood home doesn’t really feel like home anymore. More like a place I used to live and now come to visit during the holidays. I’m excited to return to my home in the cities.
6. I made the entire Thanksgiving dinner this year, without any help from my mother. And I didn’t burn any of it or undercook the turkey. It was delicious (not to toot my own horn).
7. I have recently become addicted to The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is hilarious. I think I might want to date a nerd/geek.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.